Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Catch up - January 8, 2014

I finally made it home at 11 tonight, but of course can't sleep.  My sister Ghoni has stepped up and is staying with Abby and Kate (the spoiled dogs) at night so have been able to stay with Kris most of the day and night.  I will be glad to get this change made and a regular schedule in place.



Kris has not had a good night until last night around midnight and then he slept through the night and off and on most of the morning so we are hoping that since he is finally on a medication schedule, he will continue to rest and heal.  

The closed head injury definitely has made a decline in this dementia (that is not proper English, sorry)  but I pray that with some rehab and rest, maybe he will get better and with a lot of prayers.  
I have to make a decision about a facility by tomorrow morning - will probably go with Grace Pointe as I think their rehab and transitioning later on would be better for Kris (and me as well) he will then be transferred Thursday.  
With all my complaining I owe a huge debt of gratitude to the doctor who has worked with us during Kris' stay... i think it was a God-thing, like all that has happened.    I am getting stronger, my bouts of sadness are still there but each day they don't last as long.  Thank you for being here for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment