Thursday, January 9, 2014

Catch up - January 9, 2014


I left the hospital about 9:30 tonight with Kris snoring away wrapped in a nice warm blanket. They take such good care (not like me of course, but more patient than I :)  I try to do all the care-taking for him up there when I can as they are doing us a favor by keeping him and helping us out, they are so busy.  
It is where the alcoholics and druggies come when problems, it is a lockdown floor.   And I believe it was meant to be - when looking for a bed they didn't know where to put him, thank God it was there as most of the nurses and CNA's have worked in Alz facilities and were very aware of Kris's actions and reactions.. and again, they love him.  It will be hard for them to say goodbye, if they know they won't see us again they all come in and hug us and cry a bit.  have made me promise to keep them updated.  
I, however, will be glad to move forward, it feels a bit like prison to me and I think Kris will do much better being able to walk around more and outside, etc.  It is amazing to watch him when walking down the hall, the floors are faux wood dark and then light wood squares in the middle for decoration I guess - when he walks he won't walk on the light wood, will most times bend down to see if it will come up.  He wants to go into some of the patient rooms to see people but will always just wave to them, he picks at things in the air and on his lap, talks to someone(s) unknown to me - will stare at the dry erase board or mirror for hours - very unfocused, very sad.    I don't know what the fall did but it certainly has caused a change in him - sometimes sometimes he was like he was before (do they call that normal?)  
Well, must get some sleep, will get up early to shower and pack things for his room and maybe take them over if possible, get sister to work and to the hospital as early as possible.  Thank you to my friends from work who will take my car to Grace Pointe so I can ride in the van with Kris (your graciousness never ends Muriel), wish us luck, pray that I made the right choice in all areas and that I stop questioning all the doors that God has opened for us - again, I believe this is a God-thing through and through and He will keep me glued together.  I feel His presence, but I am still frightened, among other things... this is just part of life I am afraid.


The dogs are still confused and even more spoiled than before, they keep looking for Kris - Kris still reaches out for them and gives them a make believe treat now and then.  Ghoni is still willing to come over after work to spend the night with them. The facility has asked that I stay with Kris at least a couple of nights and slowly wean him (and myself probably), my sis has the weekend off and will stay... another God thing...then we will both know what tomorrow looks like tomorrow and tomorrow.   

With heavy eyes and full heart - all my love and thank you for your notes of encouragement and love

No comments:

Post a Comment