Friday, January 31, 2014

Catch up - January 31, 2014

Kris fell again at Grace Pointe Rehab on Sunday 2 a.m. - more changes occured.  We finally took him to ER and then admitted him to NCMC with pneumonia and other changes related to dementia.

Change and new surroundings are very very difficult for those suffering from dementia and so Kris had yet another difficult time... but he tried his best every moment to do what was expected of him but not always succeeding :) (called being human).

I was again instructed by all the doctors and pallative staff that it was not in Kris' best interest (or mine) to bring him home for care.  
Yesterday at 1 p.m. Kris was placed at the Aspen House Memory Care Center in Loveland.   In order for Kris to adjust and start trusting others to care for him, they have asked that I not visit Kris for 7-10 days.  
For all of you who know me, you know that this is a heart-rendering request of me.  And you know as well that I am not coping well with this... however, I know who is holding me, who is protecting Kris and who is giving us strength for each step we are taking.   I will survive I am sure :)

Thank you for your constant thoughts and prayers, for your love and friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment