Wednesday, February 5, 2014

February 5, 2014


My new blog, thanks Trudy for setting this up for me.  Today I was able to visit Kris for the first time in 6 days!  I was supposed to wait at least 7 days so he could get used to having others help him, trust and let the new caretakers get to know him... this was the best I could do.  He has not been eating or sleeping well, nor taking medications which were imperative to his moods and ability to rest, etc.  After visiting with the doctor, we both agreed less is best and now have him down to 3 medications instead of 9 or 10.  So the visit:  he was sleeping when I got there, touched his arm lightly and said "you have a visitor",,, oh how I wish I could have captured the look on his beautiful face!  He started crying and so did I,,, he said "I thought you were gone forever."  He looked thin and tired but his blue eyes were so happy.  We went to his room (which I don't believe he knew was his room) and sat on the bed, ate a clementine, put some things away, walked around the facility (his steps are very shuffled and short, he seems tentative at times to make the next step - but does), and then it was lunchtime.  He had not eaten a full meal since his arrival 6 days ago, but he sat down and ate every bite, plus dessert and a Coke!  We cleaned up, fixed a couple of rough places on his feet, walked a little and then the terrible back pain got him down... we went to his 'new' room, he laid down, and went to sleep.  Kissed him goodbye with a heartfelt "I will see you tomorrow", "maybe tonight" he replied with a smile.  Felt like leaving your child in someone else's care... but I was much relieved after seeing him, holding his hand and watching him interact with others... he is so charming.  Then back home, the quiet empty place called home.  Thank God Abby and Kate (our dogs) are here and my sister Ghoni is still staying with us... there is just something missing without Kris here.  I will close my new blog for the day with a prayer of thanksgiving, from Jesus Calling "The only thing you can grasp without damaging your soul is My hand."

Just before I hit 'publish' (old dogs and new tricks :( ), the caretaker called and Kris had just fallen - no one saw him fall so not sure except it doesn't look like he was hurt, except for his back probably.  Prayers Kris to keep you safe.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to do the blog. It is good to hear from you. I hope you are stronger now that you have seen him. Give yourself time to adjust as well. It is a hard transition I am sure. I will be finding that out very soon myself. Get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, God is with both you and Kris at ALL times!!! Sit still and feel His big arms wrapped around you. I love you Hoot!

    ReplyDelete