Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Not sure what day this is, I think Tuesday.  Today was the first day since my visits began that I didn't see Kris - a sinus infection got me down but just for one day.    The doctor said they will schedule the blood test for Wilson's Disease this week if possible, has to be done at a special lab in Fort Collins - this would be a huge thing in care (medication wise) for whatever is going on with Kris, or at least part of the process.   Kris' son, Ryan, is planning a visit this week - hopefully, that will work out for both of them.  Kris has been eating a little better and Monday we actually went for a drive around Loveland and had Subway for lunch while watching the frozen water at Lake Loveland :).  Kris enjoyed the drive, but when we arrived back at Aspen House he broke down thinking I was taking him to another hospital ;(, finally the door opened and there was one of his favorite caregivers, Julie.  He cried and opened his arms, hugged her and said how happy he was.  It was interesting to watch, so childlike in his emotions and reactions... actually walked right past me as if I weren't there :), it was good to see him happy and laughing.  He is still not sleeping in his bed, but will nap at times there, sleeps in the recliner at night.  He seems most at peace just sitting on a couch watching everyone or walking around the different 'neighborhoods' as if looking for a friendly face.  More and more it seems he goes somewhere else, somewhere I can't connect with... I hope it is a peaceful beautiful place.  Good news is that Kris is now on only one medication for his thyroid and OTC pain relievers when needed!  I guess maybe some of them were needed for part of this journey, but I am glad they are gone at least for now.     I am looking forward to seeing him tomorrow, especially after watching The Notebook last night with my sister, Ghoni :(  

Katie, our youngest dog had a couple of her stitches open this morning in the midst of everything, the vet had me take her in and she had to redo some things and restitch,,, possibility of a quick spreading type of cancer - we will watch and pray pray pray.  I know she will be okay, she promised to grow old with me. 

Sorry for the rambling.... From Jesus Calling, "I am with you.  These four words are like a safety net, protecting you....."

No comments:

Post a Comment