Sunday, February 23, 2014

Kris had his blood test done on Friday, he did great!  We will have results no later than Tuesday.  He really enjoyed the drive to Fort Collins and pointed out many areas that he recognized.  The much anticipated lunch at Schlotsky's was a learning experience - Kris went in with me but after a couple of minutes trying to get him to sit at a table and realizing that he is not able to process the action without alot of concentration, we decided to go back to the car which was the same process of trying to get him into the car... mission accomplished but it was very frustrating for him.  I ordered the sandwiches and we ate in the car - he ate about half and then was ready to leave.  Another thing I realized - is that when he has to use the men's room I have to go in with him.  I have decided to make a sign to post on the door so some unsuspecting male will not be surprised by my presence (any other ideas?).  Our eating out days are probably limited,, which means I will have to cook more (any ideas? :P)  When we arrived back at Aspen House he had the same reaction as last week - fear and sadness that I was taking him somewhere else again.  Thank goodness it was cold and windy and his fear turned to wanting to be inside and warm... where he was greeted with open arms and he was happy to be home... not so happy that I was leaving but he continued on like a true warrior.  The house is about ready for his return this next Friday (and yes, I know that many of you are worried about this change, but until another time, we all have to trust that this is what I need and want to do.)  

Today he was happy to see me in addition to his niece Trista, her husband Ed and daughters Marissa, Jami and Britta who stopped by for a few minutes.  He is still not eating and has lost weight and inches - a new belt and jeans are forthcoming... maybe my home cooking will fatten him up (ha!).  Today he only ate 1/2 cup cottage cheese and a coke.   He took a good long nap in his bed for several hours today which is good.   God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment