Saturday, February 15, 2014

Well, I am going to tell a couple of stories before I post the update.  Here is Kate after her surgery and the Kone of Shame she has to wear, poor little thing.  Today I went out early to pick up a month's worth of dog-do-do (4 bags full - thought i would share that important detail) :|  It was actually good to be doing something constructive plus being outside.  This has always been Kris' job so it was a reflective chore of sorts. 

Yesterday was Valentine's Day as you know.  The visit with Kris was bittersweet.  I took a card and box of his favorite chocolates - Russell Stover's turtles.  He looked at the envelope and was not interested in the candy, maybe today.  At times like these you reflect on holidays past and so i remembered all the past Valentine's Days when Kris would have a dozen roses, chocolates and a stuffed animal waiting for me or delivered to the office - as much as I loved them, the next year I would say "now don't spend alot, just get the flowers from the grocery store".... why did i do that?  I guess I didn't think that one day he wouldn't remember what Valentine's Day even is. 

So, yesterday was the first day without the pain med he had been taking, they will not start a new medication until Tuesday.  He was very weepy but tired, hadn't eat breakfast, and was sleeping when I left at 12:30 to pickup Kate.  As of last night he had not eaten supper, so will see what i can take him today that might entice him to eat.  He wants to come home in the worst way and in time we will try it to see how things go.  In the meantime, I am reminded daily (if not hourly), that I am not in control - "... the safest place to be is in My will."  amen




2 comments:

  1. Debbie: We change, some faster than others...he is blessed to have you...before this and now during this period in his life.

    Love, Jer

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Jer.... you are right and he has blessed me as well.... it's just life :) take good care, love debbie

    ReplyDelete