Thursday, February 20, 2014

Today Kris was a little more like himself, happy to see me with a smile and tears.  We will go to Fort Collins tomorrow to have the blood test done for Wilson's Disease - wish us luck that he will be okay getting it done; I have bribed him with lunch at Schlotsky's (one of his favorites).  He at bacon and banana for breakfast and cottage cheese for lunch and nothing for supper - they will tempt him with ice cream again tonight.  As wonderful as the caregivers are, it is still somewhat depressing and I watch him watching... or it could be my perception as i really can't follow the dots to connect the lines.  Back to the caregivers, I really can't say enough about them and their patience and caring, it is amazing and I thank God (and hope you will to), that there are people in the world that love this kind of work and it shows with each gentle touch and smile.  This is a picture taken yesterday of Kris and Rosie (such a cutie and she just loves Kris,, they all do.)  

On a lighter note, I had to buy a new vacuum yesterday - did you know they don't have sweepers with bags anymore?  They are some difficult intriguing wind tunnel thing and is difficult for old dogs to learn the new tricks :)   Just cleaning the living room I had to empty it 3 times,,, you would not believe it,,, i could have made a little pillow (DISGUSTING!!!!)   Have been watching the night skies and see that Orion is moving more to the north now, soon he will be hidden until next winter... isn't life incredible?   ... I pray the Lord to guide our way.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Debbie - have thought of you both so often and Noal told us about your blog. I've just read through it and want to share one of my favorite Bible passages with you. Matthew 11:28-30: "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” We love you and hope to go see Kris - hope that's ok. Nina and Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thank you for your note and your scripture. Kris would love to see you!! He gets pretty lonely. love you both....

    ReplyDelete