Friday, March 28, 2014

Had to write more.. on a personal note, on the healing side of things.  This is Day 1 without my friend, husband and partner... all and more.  I promise i won't go on day in and day out, but this day is special, this day will always be a 'marker' for my heart.

Ryan was able to come up and say goodbye to his Dad (thank you Becky for being taxi to Ryan); his best friend Augie came by; and one of his friends from Qwest who has been bringing baked goods almost every day for our sustenance - she also helped carry out my things AND brought supper over this evening.  I wanted to take this day to just walk through, not thinking or feeling too much, just getting through.  We had many neighbors stop by, phone calls of friends and family, even a delicous meal delivered which even though I thought I was not hungry, cleaned my plate (thank you Pam). 

I wandered through the house, petting Abby and Katie as they too seemed so sad.  Finally, I got an urge of awakeness and realized I needed to get Kris' tags on his truck done before the first :} I hurried to "the truck" knowing that Kris was probably wringing his hands in worry :|   I entered one of his prized possessions - his 1999 Ford F250 pickup to start it, no start, battery needs charged, call AAA for charge.  I say to Kris "you did this, didn't you?"  Next to the emission testings - the radio keeps coming on and off,, I say to Kris "if you are doing this to warn me about how I am driving... I promise not to drive fast, run over the curbs or park to close to anyone else".

(note: my friend called and asked why i wasn't finishing sentences... i noticed there were phrases in there I had not written, hopefully if anyone is able to change the writing on my blog - that you do not.  Thank you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment