Friday, March 28, 2014

Kris passed away on wings of eagles this morning around 8:50 a.m.  Just as I was warned, 'he may leave when you are not there'.. through all of this I tried so very hard to be there day and night. Even though I knew the changes were coming faster and the nurses said not to go far, as soon as I left the room to get an orange juice, he took his last breath.  Part of me was broken hearted as I knew how much I would miss him and part of me was relieved for him - for me.  He was now is God's arms, made whole. 

So dear friends and family I hope you will be okay with my meanderings on this day - March 28, 2014.  I am only writing to honor Kris and his journey... and for my somewhat well-being... if not, turn the page.

Three spiritual events happened this morning - one powerful, one humorous, and one faith confirming.

Powerful - at 4:00 a.m. the nurse Mary (the first one there when we arrived) and CNA came in to turn Kris and check his status which was changing rapidly.  I always left the room as I couldn't stand to watch him being moved, although please know that the McKee Hospice Center and staff are the best in the world in my books... anyway, I took my blanket and went to the family room to sleep on the couch until they were finished.  I was sitting there for a moment and this feeling entered my body, it was real and it was magneticallly strong... i believe it was the strength of the Holy Spirit telling me I would need to be strong and that energy or Holy Spirit was within me.   Thank you God!

Humorous - at 5:30 a.m. the nurse and CNA came in to give Kris a bed bath and check his status... I was sleeping SO hard they actually had to wake me!  I said, "oh no, we were at Taco Bell and I was getting ready to order Kris a beer!"   We all laughed and yet it was so real - one of the last things he asked for was a beer... well, contrary to the song, I hope in heaven there is beer!

Faith Confirming - during the entire tribulation of the last 10 days, I would often read from the Bible to Kris or quote the few scriptures that I knew and loved, one being Isaiah 40:28-31... in my own inadeaquate words I would tell Kris that he would fly home on the wings of eagles, run and not grow weary, walk and not be faint.  At the end of this long wide hallway looking to the east, there is a window that is from ceiling to floor and gives a wonderful look at two small lakes surrounded by trees and the morning sun.... i was standing there talking to the nurse and turned to look outside.... an eagle soaring so peacefully on the soft winds of morning, just lazily floating and gliding... I knew then that Kris had made it home.   A sigh of release came from deep within.

Preparation - last night I lay my head closely to Kris, holding his hand as was the nightly ceremony and this vision or thought came to mind:

The bells began to toll, it was the beginning of a celebration in the streets of gold,
"He is coming, he is coming home", the angels cried.

The gate opened and he stepped in to our Father's waiting arms,
"Welcome home child, I am so proud of you, I am so glad you are home." 
"You are now made whole, your soul restored, now walk with the angels in joy and celebration."

.... and he was at peace and smiled for he knew where he was, he was finally home.

Thank you for your constant and continued thoughts and prayers.  I believe you all were lifting him up and helping him on this journey on wings of eagles... You all are a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment