Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Not much change, Kris continues his journey in sedated sleep.  Changes are occuring, changes i pray he is unaware of... I hope he is going through all the wonderful memories he made in life, visiting with his loved ones and friends... kind of like a good-bye party.   The days are long but seem to pass quickly in some surreal way.  I guess our stay at McKee Hospice is a little longer than most, but can't hurry dying, it comes when the time is right when God knows it is right.  I have made some new friends with families of others going through this journey - we will always be connected in that spiritual way.  Well, am home to shower and play with Abby & Kate,,, will return in an hour.

One thing I read this morning was a little clip saying something like "Saying good-bye is the hardest things to do.  The only thing harder is never having said the word."  I was saying everything I felt in my heart, all the letting go things, all the thoughts I felt about death and dying promised in the Bible,,, but I forgot to say good-bye.  We had that hard conversation this morning - well, hard for me.  I swear Kris started breathing a little softer, I know I was.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your compassion and willingness to share. Kris is one lucky guy! I think everyday of the ways we got in trouble and had fun back in the 'hood.' Hang in there.
    -- Dan E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking and praying for you both. ;o)
    "The risks of loving are worth taking, even the risk of loss." - Martha Whitmore Hickman

    Love to you both! Nina and Dave

    ReplyDelete