Saturday, March 8, 2014

Thank you all for allowing me the pity-party, it has passed.  Today I woke up with a big of a headache (from my own doing).  Yes, I feel badly about this path Kris is on but I also realize it is not my path.  I will forever feel sad about what he is enduring, what he endured in the past, but I know God is watching over him, over me, over each of you.  What wonderful caring friends and family I have; people I have met just these couple of months who care about Kris and I and pray for us; complete strangers I have never met and probably never will, who pray for us because of their friendship with someone and their faith.   I want to get back with my walk with Him and in that faith I know that Kris will find peace and comfort. 

I think it is always hard when I can't see him for a few days, after that 'adjustment period' ends and I can see for myself how he is and let him know none of us have left him things will look a bit better.
Update from Friday through today - he has still not eaten but will drink OJ, he was not taking meds so they put on a pain patch and gave him a shot for the mood swing, he has gotten into the habit of ripping his shirt down the front or completely off,,, after 4 shirts in two days, they have decided to just let it be (they say this is a 'normal' reaction with dementia patients - they are either frustrated, afraid, or both and this is their way of taking action.... kind of like when we feel the need to scream or cry..).  They said he seemed at little more accepting this afternoon - he only slept two hours last night, so he may be getting tired. 

Jesus Calling, "Seek Me first and foremet; then the rest of your life will fall into place, piece by piece."

THANK YOU all for your caring, prayers, and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment